This is an art gallery in Madrid, next to the “Paseo del Prado”, where the main museums of the city are located.
The gallery is in the ground floor of a residential building. It is illuminated by light hanged boxes to hide the drainpipes of the upper floors.
The premises is “L- shaped”. The long wing includes the main access, the exhibition area and the store spaces. The long wing consists of office and adapted toilet.
Neutral empty space (exhibition), where the main elements of program are located.
NEUTRAL SPACE (the exhibition area): there isn’t any element in order to not influence the whole space. This isn’t a covered element to be essential.
Floor: reinforced concrete slab
ELEMENTS (act without imitating):
The door can be opened in three different ways:
– Complete: for inaugurations, mount exhibitions…
– Simple: in the ordinary timetable
– Upper: for ventilation
– Projectors (illuminate the paintings)
– Light boxes with colour and white light
– Glass and polycarbonate (different from the strong wall) to make a regular floor plan.